Somebody is about to ring your doorbell. No, you're not psychic. No, you're not expecting anyone. You know this because your August Doorbell Cam just detected motion and sent you an alert. When the bell does ring, you get another alert, and a chance to view a live HD image via your smartphone.
It's your brother-in-law. Here to watch the big game, on your big TV, probably while hogging most of that big bag of chips. You see him, he doesn't see you. You could push the button to talk, or not, he'll eventually move on. But what's this under his arm? Could it be a refreshing contribution to complement those chips and quench your thirst?
With just a few more taps on your smartphone's screen you unlock the door. It's that easy, because the Doorbell Cam also gives you remote access to your August Smart Lock (sold separately). And you haven't even left work yet. Better get a move on if you want any of those chips.
Why you want this:
- HD camera: Get a clear wide-angle view of visitors in detailed high definition.
- See who's there, from anywhere: View a live feed or review recordings from your WiFi connected iOS or Android device.
- Motion detection, instant alerts: Built-in motion sensors detect movement at your door and trigger an instant alert to your smartphone (coming soon).
- Download your videos: Update to the latest August app to download August Doorbell Cam videos to your phone for better safety and security for your family year-round.
- Two-way communication: Get an alert when someone rings your bell, then see and speak with them at the push of a button.
- Automatic recording: Each interaction at your door is recorded, and can be reviewed from your connected smartphone or tablet.
- No new wiring: It connects easily to your existing doorbell using house current, and works using Bluetooth Low Energy wireless technology.
- Works as a bridge: Eliminates the need for the August Connect wireless hub and gives you remote access to your August Smart Lock (sold separately). You can know who comes and goes, and instantly lock and unlock your door from anywhere via your smartphone.